Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Assignment #17

I don't smoke cigarettes. I have never smoked cigarettes in the past or planning too in the future. Friends of mine have offered me them but I never take it. Growing up I was around a lot of smokers but I still don't do it at all. My Dad, Uncle, Neighbor, and friends of theirs would smoke daily and I would always be around it but it never seemed like a good thing too do at that time. 
I remember seeing my Dad keep going out too smoke a cigarette almost every hour and trying to hide them behind a bush so my Mom wouldn't see. Later on I found out that he wasn't smoking just cigarettes with his friends and family members but also weed. When I was young I thought that his joints were cigarettes but my Mom ended up telling me when I got older. I don't really see my Dad now but I've that he quit doing all of that. I also have friends that smoke cigarettes a lot but I don't care, thats what they want to do. I don't really mind it now when they are smoking around me but one thing that I don't like is when they smoke in my car. They respect that though and I do too. When they feel like smoking I just park somewhere and let them do their thing.
There just something about me that doesn't attract me to cigarettes. I've never craved one when I'm stressed or bored. I just don't like them. Another reason why I don't smoke is because of the after smell it leaves you when you are done smoking and the way your breathe smells. When I go somewhere, I don't want to be walking around smelling like cigarettes and having bad breathe. I don't care if my friends that I'm with smell like that as long as I'm not. 
In my opinion, I don't really care if people smoke or not as long as it isn't in my car. They can do whatever they want. I don't go bragging around saying that it's bad for your health. I know that it's bad for you but I still don't say anything to my friends. Maybe I'm going to have lung problems too because of all the second hand smoking from them but as long as I'm not doing it it's all cool to me. Some people really crave one though when they are stressed for something and I can understand that but some people just do it too look cool or maybe they are already addicts. Either way I don't go up to them and slap the cigarettes off their mouths and lecture them about their health, some people just truly need to smoke here and there and I don't mind that at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment